New Delhi: It is a common belief that if you want to lose weight, you must cut boozing from your routine. But according to a recent study conducted at Washington State University and Harvard Medical School stated that drinking red wine in moderation can actually help you in your weight loss journey.
How does it help in losing weight?
As per the research, drinking two glasses of red wine can help you in losing weight. The study conducted at Washington State University and Harvard Medical School that claimed a
- Red wine contains polyphenol called ‘resveratrol’ which helps in losing weight.
- This polyphenol converts white fat, which are larger cells that store energy and expand as we gain weight, into obesity-fighting beige fat and this fat is much easier to lose.
Benefits of drinking red wine are:
- Drinking red wine is good for our health, claim health experts.
- Drinking wine in small to moderate quantity may help in reducing risks for some kinds of heart disease.
- Its lowering the risk of strokes and early death because drinking small amounts of red wine helps in retaining the ‘good’ HDL cholesterol in the blood.
- It also reduces the risk of certain types of cancer, including colon, basal cell, ovary and prostate cancers.
- Drinking 1–3 glasses of wine per day is also linked with reduced risk of dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.
- It is also believed that moderate consumption of red wine is linked to a reduced risk of developing type 2 diabetes, especially in women.
- Another study that was done on middle-aged and elderly people revealed that those who drank 2–7 glasses of wine per week were less likely to become depressed.
To get the maximum benefits, the intake should be in moderation.