In the present time people are becoming more and more interested and aware of air pollution and are ready to learn the hard truths about the health effects it can cause. Let’s see how technology is helping improve the lives of billions of people around the world, by helping them know what is in the air they breathe, thus giving them information and recommendations to reduce their exposure to harmful airborne pollutants.
Plume Labs has designed its own algorithm to predict air pollution around the world. The company relies on 12,000 environmental monitoring stations in 60 countries. Many agencies and local authorities share air quality data. The company combines this data with other factors, such as the time of the day, weather conditions, weather forecasts, geographical specifics and human activities. Plume Labs can always compare its predictions with actual pollution levels by waiting and pulling data later in the day.
And it turns out that many companies would like to use this sort of forecast for air quality. That’s why the company is opening up its API to third-party companies. You can get data for Particulate Matter (PM2.5 and PM10), Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) and Ozone (O3) starting at $500 a month.
Many companies are interested in Plume.io, such as companies working in smart homes and smart cities, real estate companies, fitness companies, healthcare companies as well as cosmetics makers. And Plume Labs will also give free access to Plume.io to researchers, activists, etc.
How the Environmental AI eases your life
- The App answers several questions like, What’s air quality like today? Is it the best time to go for a run? When should I go for a walk in the park with my children?
- Air Report Global gives you real-time pollution levels in your area, and forecasts of how air quality will evolve hour by hour over the next 24 hours—just like a weather forecast.
- The environmental AI (Artificial intelligence) gives you customized recommendations on the best time to do your favourite activity without getting overexposed to pollution.
- We bring you air quality insights you can act on—73% of our surveyed users say our app helped them make changes in their daily habits to breathe cleaner air.
- And now the app works everywhere! After 18 months of hard work, our team of data and atmospheric scientists has built a worldwide air quality forecasting model that uses satellite data to cover air quality in all of the world’s urban
Real-Time Air Quality Analysis offers:
- Real time air quality maps – you can see how outdoor air quality looks like in your street, block and even the whole country
- Actionable personalized health recommendations – know what you should do, whether you’re at home, looking for an exercise route, planning a trip or watching the kids.
- Notifications on outdoor air quality changes – save your favourite locations and track their air quality 24/7.
Key features of the App
Global coverage Know what you breathe, wherever you are. Every urban area on the planet is now covered by real-time air quality data—as well as forecasts for the coming 24 hours.
Fluid timeline Slide along the timeline to see historical data. Pinch the screen to change timescales and reveal month by month air quality tracking.
Detailed data Tap the Plume cloud to expand the compass and get pollutant by pollutant breakdowns. Use our new Confidence Index to quickly confirm the accuracy of our modelling.
Easily compare air quality worldwide Swipe between cities to easily compare air quality. Our universal Plume AQI means you’ll quickly see how the air measures up. Prefer your measurements in µg/m3 or a local AQI air quality index? Easily adjust your settings in-app.
Get the info you need We’ve revamped our in-app FAQ and blog to make sure you can get the info you need to understand air quality around you and improve what you breathe.
The App is free for consumers
“Environmental health is deeply personal and an important emerging vertical for personal health and well-being, so our Air Report mobile app and our consumer air quality tracker will remain our core focus,” co-founder and CEO Romain Lacombe was reported saying. “However more and more companies were reaching out to access our air quality forecasts, and opening the Plume API will give these corporate clients access to our advanced predictive platform. Working with API partners will also bring financial support to keep the core app free for consumers, and dramatically broaden our reach to raise awareness of the public health crisis of pollution.”
Breathe Fresh with Plume Labs’ ~ “FLOW”
So if you’ve been using Plume Labs’ mobile app, it’s not going away any time soon. And you’ll also soon be able to pre-order a Flow, Plume Labs’ own device. Plume.io is just a new service for developers who need air quality data. In the future, Plume Labs would like to extend forecasting data beyond 24 hours and add other data points, such as pollen level.
Air pollution knows no border, Plume Air Report is used every day by a community of hundreds of thousands of urban citizens across the world. The expanded coverage makes live and forecasts air quality reports available in every city on earth!